Friday, June 29, 2007

She's no scaredy-cat!

Meet Jaci Burton.
Jaci is a brave author.
She is sending me an ARC.
Despite my nothing-held-back blog-review of Safe Harbor.
You can't help but admire that kind of courage in an author!

I received an e-mail today from Jaci Burton regarding her Hunting the Demon ARC contest. I had forgotten that part of the rules of the contest for the ARC was to have a 'verifiable' blog - not that it would have changed anything posted if I had remembered! When I received her e-mail, I was once again excited to be receiving the ARC and as I was reading it, I realized that she probably visited my blog to verify it today.

Why is this a blog-worthy event you might ask? Because if she read ANYTHING of my blog she knows that I try to be honest in my reviews and that I'm not afraid to say that I didn't like a book and why - especially with my opinion of Safe Harbor now posted. And yet, she is STILL sending me an ARC, which I am free to review any way I desire (after the specified time, of course!). She COULD have made some excuse not to send me an ARC, out of fear that I may say something negative about it but instead she sent an e-mail confirming that an ARC will be heading my way and also included a statment saying she wants an honest reaction and that she respects others opinions.

That's why I say you've got to admire her. She's not just sending the ARC's to people she knows have a history of all good reviews. She is obviously willing to send one to people like me who don't always give positive reviews and that's brave, fair, and AWESOME!

For those of you who don't know who I'm talking about and want to find out more about her hot new Demon series: http://www.jaciburton.com/demons.html

3 comments:

Y said...

Awesome Ange!!! I honestly haven't heard of her before,(you know how new i am) BUT just knowing that about her makes me want to take a peek at her stuff. Have any recommendations on which i should try first?
well keep up the good work.
-Y-

Bridget Locke said...

I have heard of Jaci...I think I've actually read one of her books. But after only 4 hours of sleep, you're lucky I'm even thinking. LOL!

It's so cool that you're writing a paranormal! So am I! It's actually going to be a series. There's too much to write to fit it in one book. I'm very excited about it, which is more than I can say about half the stuff I write. LOL!

If you're interested, some friends of mine & I have a writer's blog. It's http://talesfromthecrit.com. You can go look at it & read the blog entries. They're everything from funny, goofy stuff to serious writing topics. You're more than welcome to comment & such.

If you ever need writing help, you're more than welcome to email me. Just tag me on my blog & let me know.


Bridget

http://bridgetlocke.bravejournal.com

Ange - The Romance Groupie said...

Y - You HAVE to get Surviving Demon Island! It's awesome!

Kaitlin - Thanks!