Thursday, November 8, 2007

Update & some randomness

Savage is here (YAY!) and I forgot to post that it was available now on Monday. Actually, when I posted that it was only "two more days 'till Savage" on Sunday I was off by about a day... I seem to be in a time-warp right now and can't figure out what freaking day it is. *sigh* I downloaded it late Monday night but haven't had time to read it yet.

I did re-read Ritual of Proof by Dara Joy in random bits of free time this week. I enjoy the book but it's such an alternate warped reality from what we are used to in romance novels. I can't help but be TOTALLY fascinated with any writer who can create such a story and make it enjoyable. Still, whenever I read it I feel a vague internal sense of wrongness throughout because it is so opposite of the what society considers the "norm" - it really is an interesting piece of romance literature.

I'm in the middle of reading Atlantis Awakening by Alyssa Day right now (because Savage on my PDA and a hot bath just don't mix - so I had to choose a regular book to start instead). Atlantis Awakening is KICKING BUTT and takin' names so far.

So, what is everyone else reading?

6 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Hi! I followed the link from The Book Binge. A new to me romance blogger - hurrah!!
I got the same kind of feeling while reading Ritual of Proof. While an interesting experiment, it just felt wrong didn't it?

Holly said...

I'm getting ready to start Creation in Death. I can't wait to read it already! I hate having a life...it really cuts into my reading time. LOL

Ange - The Romance Groupie said...

Hmmm... Creation in Death... is that a JD Robb, Holly? I've only read one book from the Robb series. It was the cross-over one that bridged a story under Nora Roberts with the new line of JD Robb. I think it was called Remember When. Is the series good? What is the romance content like or is it more suspense/mystery?

Welcome Kristie!!! Yes, it did just feel slightly off. Fascinating reading, though even I (a self-proclaimed alpha female *snicker*) wouldn't want to live in a time where the men are chattel and women have all the power.

Holly said...

I'm sure Kristie will be back to support me in this, but...

The In Death series follows Lt. Eve Dallas on various cases she works as a police officer with the New York Police and Security Department in the year 2058. The romance comes from her love interest, Roarke, and various other characters that we meet throughout. It's more mystery (because of her cases..she's homicide) but it appeals to us romance fans because of the dynamics between the couple. I've actually been thinking about doing a post dedicated to the series. Not a review, necessarily, but more a "The In Death Series" type of thing that outlines why it should be read. I bet Kristie would help me...Kristie? What do you say?

Ange - The Romance Groupie said...

That would be cool, Holly! I have passed over the series thinking it wouldn't contain enough romance but I'll have to give it a try. They have a lot of them on audio - which would make them great for listening to during weekend cleaning.

Kristie (J) said...

And I'm back to support Holly *g*. You simply Must give the In Death books a try!! They are a series spread over 23 (I think) books now and the last one is still as fresh and new as the first one.
They start with Naked in Death and to get the nuances of the characters, you really need to read at least the first 3 first
Naked in Death
Glory in Death
Immortal in Death
They are my *in case of a fire, these are what I'd grab first* books.